Yin yoga is becoming increasingly popular, with a growing awareness that our often over-dominant, active, yang lifestyles need the balance of the more restful, deeper and slower practise of yin yoga. This training course will give you the knowledge and skills to bring yin yoga to your students, craft effective yin yoga classes and delivery them successfully. If you are looking for a flexible course, that you can fit in around every day life and includes lots of classes to observe and take part in then this is the yin training for you!
- History of yin yoga, the breaking free of sanskrit!
- Understanding fascia and what really happens when we "stretch".
- The essence of yin energy in the body, the nervous system and creating eustress.
- The principles of yin yoga, the yin-side of life!
- The key yin postures, their anatomy, modifications and contra-indications, including adaptation for pregnancy.
- The use of props and turning down the volume on sensations.
- Yin yoga classes with Amy (live and pre-recorded).
- The art of teaching yin yoga.
The course is largely self-paced study, with 6 months access to Amy's weekly online Yin class, with support from Amy throughout and feedback on all assignments. You can start this course anytime and complete it at your own pace, Amy is available to support and interact with you as you progress through the course and beyond.
Course hours includes:
- Self-paced training videos (10 hours)
- Recordings of yin yoga classes with Amy (8 hours)
- 6 months access to Amy's weekly online yin class, currently Tuesday 7.15pm-8.15pm (24 hours)
- Self-study and reading (2 hours)
- Assignment and teaching practise assignment with feedback from Amy on your teaching (4 hours)
- Post training support with opportunity to join Amy's yoga teacher community for on-going support and guidance
- Life time access to all course content, and any new course up-dates
Due to the online, largely self-paced, nature of the course there is more flexibility to fit the course around every day life and work. You can join the course anytime and it takes between 2 to 4 months to work through the course and complete assignments, dedicating roughly 3/4 hours a week, however some students take longer or shorter time depending on their other time commitments and previous teaching experience. If you can't make classes live on a Tuesday evening, weekly recordings are available. You are encouraged to complete the course within 6 months.