Women postnatally face a lack of support and education when it comes to postnatal healing.
Use yoga to support women through their postnatal recovery!
This self-paced study CPD course, will give you the confidence to safely and successfully guide a woman through her journey of postnatal healing, using specific therapeutic yoga exercises for postnatal rehabilitation.
This course covers how yoga can be used to recover postnatally from common conditions such as diastasis-recti and pelvic floor weakness, as well as how to re-discover the core safely.
This course is open to all yoga teachers who work with postnatal women both in general classes and mum and baby yoga.
The emotional experience
Pelvic floor rehab
The course is self-paced online training, you can start this course anytime, complete it at your own pace and repeat as often as you like.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the impact of pregnancy and labour on the pelvic floor and pelvis.
- Know the impact of breast-feeding on the body and how this effects the practise of yoga.
- Support women postnatally to safely re-discover their core.
- Teach specific postnatal yoga rehabilitation exercises for diastasis-recti .
- Know traditional approaches to the pelvic floor exercises.
- Understand functional use of the pelvic floor within movement.
- Teach specific postnatal yoga rehabilitation exercises for pelvic floor health.
- Teach postnatal specific asana practices.
- Know how to effectively use pilates soft balls as props for postnatal rehab.
Use the breath for postnatal healing.
- Self-paced training videos
- Postnatal yoga class recordings for observation
- Self-study and reading
- Yoga Alliance Professionals approved developmental workshop (12hrs CPD)
- On-going access to all online course material and up-dates.
- Access to Amy's yoga teacher closed FB group for additional support.
This course also serves as an excellent foundation to any teacher considering taking additional specialist training in pre or postnatal yoga.
Hi I'm Amy!
An experienced Yoga Alliance Professionals senior teacher, trainer-pro and approved coach, who has a deep commitment to ensure women have access to high quality postnatal yoga classes and support.
I have had the honour of teaching pre and postnatal yoga for over 12 years and counting!
This course is born out of years of experience of working with women with babies, and a desire to help more women through their journey of postnatal healing.
Visit Amy's Trainer profile