This course is an additional, optional training module for those completing Amy's 280hr Foundation Yoga Teacher Training and wish to bring their Yoga Alliance Professionals accreditation to 300hr and offer yin yoga to their students, additional module costs £150.
Yin yoga is becoming increasingly popular, with a growing awareness that our often over-dominant, active, yang lifestyles need the balance of the more restful, deeper and slower practise of yin yoga. This training course will give you the knowledge and skills to bring yin yoga to your students, as well as deepen your own experience of the practise.
- History of yin yoga, the breaking free of sanskrit!
- Understanding fascia and what really happens when we "stretch".
- The essence of yin energy in the body, the nervous system and creating eustress.
- The principles of yin yoga, the yin-side of life!
- The key yin postures, their anatomy, modifications and contra-indications, including adaptation for pregnancy.
- The use of props and turning down the volume on sensations.
- Yin yoga classes with Amy (live and pre-recorded).
- The art of teaching yin yoga.
The course is largely self-paced study, with opportunity to attend via zoom Amy's weekly yin yoga class. You can start this course anytime and complete it at your own pace. Amy is available to support and interact with you as you progress through the course and beyond.
Course content includes:
- Self-paced training videos (10 hours)
- Recordings of yin yoga classes with Amy (8 hours)
- 6 months access to Amy's Yin-Club membership, including a weekly live class, recorded classes and community space of yin-yoga lovers (24 hours)
- Self-study and reading (2 hours)
- Tutor interaction, Amy is available via email ([email protected]) to answer any questions you have whilst you study and beyond.
On-going access to all online course material and up-dates (minimum 12 months access post training)