The Course Content (syllabus)
Module 1: Toddler, Pre-school and Parent Yoga Classes
• Developmental stages and movement in children from 12 months to the age of 5 years.
• Understanding and managing normal toddler behaviour and exploring the ways in which a toddler learns and views the world.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddler, from crawlers, early walkers to confident movers, including use of flash cards, stories, books and songs.
• Props and resources for toddler yoga, including scarves, beanbags, shakers, balls, parachute, and creative use of yoga blocks and bolsters!
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound.
• Incorporating parents and carers into classes.
• Class plans and sequences for Toddler & Parent yoga.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety.
Module 2: Teaching in nurseries and other childcare settings
• Adapting the Toddler & Parent yoga class for just children within a childcare setting.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddlers and pre-schoolers, adapting for the older child.
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound for pre-schoolers.
• Class plans and sequences for children aged 2 to 5 years.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety when working within childcare settings.
• Early Years Foundation Stage and Yoga.
Module 3: The Business of running classes and working in childcare settings
• Setting up a class, suitable venues, class times, payment structures, and marketing made easy!
• Policies and procedures of childcare settings.
• Child protection, and Enhanced Disclosures (CRB checks), our responsibility as yoga teachers.