This further training workshop is for any yoga teacher and pregnancy yoga teacher that is looking for some clarity (if that's possible) on the grey areas when teaching yoga to a pregnant woman.
Pregnancy is full of dos and don'ts, yet who knows her body and her baby the best, she does, our role as yoga teachers is to simply empower this!
- Yoga in the first trimester, to practise or not?
- What is the current advice around supine lying and why?
- Guidance for breath work and pranayama.
- Asanas to do or not to do, including adho mukha svanasana, baddha konasana, twists, squats, inversions and back bends?!
- Understanding the impact of pregnancy on the pelvis, core and posture. Are we creating conditions to exacerbate postnatal conditions such as diastasis recti?
- Teaching the pregnant experienced yogi.
The course is self-paced online training, with tutor interaction. You can start this course anytime and complete it at your own pace. Amy is available to support and interact with you as you progress through the course and beyond.
Course content includes:
- Self-paced training videos, with on-going access after course completion (2 hours)
- Recording of a pregnancy yoga class with Amy with a focus on staying connected to the core (1 hour)
- Tutor interaction, Amy is available via email ([email protected]) to answer any questions you have whilst you study and beyond.
- Opportunity to join Amy's yoga teacher community for on-going support and guidance.